ScrumStudy’s ScrumMaster Certified (SMC)™ certification enables participants to better understand the role of a Scrum Master. Participants will learn how a Scrum Master guides, facilitates, and teaches Scrum practices to everyone involved in the project; clears impediments for the team; and ensures that Scrum processes are being followed.
ScrumMaster Certified (SMC)™ Classroom + Online Training
- Classes are conducted by Techtrain, an approved SCRUMstudy Authorized Training Partner
- Participants will be awarded with ‘Scrum Master Certified’ certificate from SCRUMstudy on successful completion of the final assessment
- An online proctored exam is included in the course fee.
- The exam format is as follows:
- Multiple choice, 100 questions per exam, 120 minutes duration
- 57 questions need to be answered correctly to pass
- One mark awarded for every right answer
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- Current pass rate is 95%
- Course fee includes downloadable free copy of SBOK Guide
ScrumMaster Certified (SCM) training curriculum is based on the Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBoK) published by ScrumStudy.
The goal of the course is to explore agile based development and developing understanding of how agile based project management is different from traditional project management.
An agile mindset is needed for agile practitioners to start thinking when they use knowledge/skills and tools/techniques required to carry out project activities.
Course Outline based on the SBOK™ Guide
- INTRODUCTION. More
- PRINCIPLES. More
- ORGANIZATION. More
- BUSINESS JUSTIFICATION. More
- QUALITY. More
- CHANGE. More
- RISK. More
- INITIATE. More
- PLAN AND ESTIMATE. More
- IMPLEMENT. More
- REVIEW AND RETROSPECT. More
- RELEASE. More
Free Download of the 2016 version of SBoK guide.
Q. Do I need to have any work experience with scrum before I register for SMC certification?
A: No, it is not mandatory to have any Agile Scrum experience prior SMC certification.
Q. Do we have any book for SCM like PMBOK® for PMP® ?
A: Yes, the SCM certification in based on the Guide to Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBoK) Guide.
Q. How much time does it take to prepare for the SMC certification ?
A: There is no specific time limit to define time period for SMC preparations. This depends completely on an individual’s efforts and time slot they have. In general, 3-6 weeks duration is enough if you can invest 10-20 hours per week.
Q. Do you provide PMI approved PDUs and is this certificate acceptable by PMI®?
A: No, this course does not qualify for PMI approved PDUs.
Q. How course assessment test is conducted?
A: Here is the exam process:
- Schedule the two hour proctored exam.
- SCRUMstudy verifies the application; confirms the exam date & time.
- Take the two hour proctored exam online.
- Upon successful completion of the exam get an online certificate.
- Your name will be added to the SCRUMstudy Certification Registry.
- The physical certificate will be shipped to you.
- If unable to pass the exam, you can schedule again and take a maximum of two free exam retakes.
Q. What do I need to do to maintain the certification status?
A: To maintain the certification status, Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) professionals will need to earn 40 re-certification credits (RCUs) every 3 years.