PMI-ACP® certification recognizes your expertise in using agile practices in their projects,
while demonstrating their increased professional versatility through agile tools and techniques
PMI-ACP® Classroom + Online Training
- 2 full day classroom training
- 120 day access to 40+ hours classroom style videos
- Q&A support through Discussion Forum
- 21 contact hours for PMI-ACP Examination Eligibility
- 8 SEUs (Scrum Education Units) of Category B for your CSP Goal
- Assessment questions includes:
- Quizzes after each lesson
- 2 Short quick test
- 3 Full length simulation exams
- Support in Filling PMI ACP® Application Form
Techtrain Agile Certified Professional training curriculum is completely based and following the PMI-ACP® Content Outline Changes – July 2015.
The goal of the course is to explore agile based development and developing understanding of how agile based project management is different from traditional project management.
An agile mindset is needed for agile practitioners to start thinking when they use knowledge/skills and tools/techniques required to carry out project activities.
Our course includes lessons for Kanban, scrum, lean and how to mix traditional project management practices with agile.
We chronologically arranged logical division of the course, PMI-ACP® Course content that makes studying pattern simple.
- What is Agile– Understanding of agile values and principles and also the need of agility in current business environment.
- When to use agile– This lesson explores how to select software development method based on project characteristics.
- Agile Framework– Learn about the five phases of Agile Project Management APM Framework – envision, speculate, explore, adapt and close.
- Knowing and Using Kanban-Learn how to implement Kanban practices in software development projects using information radiators in projects and Improving flow of development work
- Introduction of Scrum– Conceptual learning and understanding of Scrum including detailed study of Scrum roles, ceremonies, artifacts
- User Stories– A tool used for trawling requirement in agile projects. What are user stories and how to write a good user story?
- Agile Estimation– This lesson takes us to the black art, art of estimating the software project work, discusses agile sizing and estimation techniques. Also discusses estimation game and planning poker.
- Value Based Prioritization– The lesson discusses all about prioritization- what features built in next iteration, discuss various models to assist PO to groom the product backlog.
- Agile Planning– The lesson talks about agile planning, two levels of planning-release and iteration are explored including velocity estimates, release date identification.
- Agile Monitoring– Once planning is done we need monitoring and adaptation. This lesson discusses release and iteration level monitoring of agile projects.
- Retrospective– Retrospective is one of the most important steps in an agile methodology. It helps in adapting and improving the process. It discusses retrospective meeting and meeting structure.
- Extreme Programming– Learn about Extreme programming values and practices.
- Lean– The lesson covers lean principles, lean tools including Value Stream Mapping, Cumulative Flow Diagram and Kanban Board. Lesson also underline differences in Kanban and Scrum.
- Communication– The lesson covers how agile communication is more about communication facilitation rather than management.
- Risk Management– Risk Management, risk response strategies, and organic risk management are discussed in details.
- Governance– The lesson deals with organization level governing structure for agile project, we discuss possible matrices and PMO in this lesson.
- Soft Skills– Highlights are the soft zone of agile coach and team. Discusses the significance of power of listening, emotional intelligence skills, and conflict management.
- Agile and Project Management– PMBOK is global standard in project management and this lesson develop an understanding of agile in PMBOK terms.
- Doing Projects in Agile– This lesson talks about how to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and close the project.
- How Roles Changes in Agile– This lesson covers information about how key result areas of developers, project managers, business analyst, PMO, tester, system architects etc. changes in agile environment.
- Extended Learning Materials– Approx. 3 hours of extended video content is added to cover many agile topics in detail to help you in clarifying concepts in more detail.
Q. Do I need to have any work experience with scrum before I register for PMI-ACP® ?
A: No, it is not mandatory to have any Agile Scrum experience prior PMI-ACP® certification. For a person appearing in PMI-ACP® certification test, PMI® expects prior experience of minimum 8 months in team following any agile methodology, it may be scrum (as scrum is a one of agile methodology) or any other company defined agile methodology.
Q. Do we have any book for PMI-ACP® like PMBOK® for PMP® ?
A: No, there is no specific book for preparation of PMI-ACP® certification. PMI® has recommended set of 11 books for preparing PMI-ACP® certification and any one book from these can be used for preparation.
Q. How much time does it take to prepare for the PMI-ACP® ?
A: There is no specific time limit to define time period for PMI-ACP® preparations. This depends completely on an individual’s efforts and time slot they have. In general, 3-6 weeks duration is enough if you can invest 10-20 hours per week.
Q. Do you provide certificates for 21 Contact Hours? And is this certificate acceptable by PMI®?
A: Yes, we do provide a course completion certificate or 21 PDUs in PDF format from our partner, after the completion of online course and assessment test. These PDUs are well recognized by PMI®.
Q. How course assessment test is concluded? Do you have any pass marks?
A: The purpose of the assessment test is not ‘Pass or Fail’ but to assess the preparation of our students and identify any area of improvement. Assessment test is required of PMI® to mark completion of 21 contact hours course.
Q. What do I have to do if I want to extend the online program for one more month?
A: You can visit our website and buy the extension of the online program. Your training program will be continued for the extension period and all your previous assessment will be carried forward.